Home Town Board
About the Supervisor
Supervisor News Releases
Contact Us
Supervisor / Town Board
Town Board Agendas & resolutions
Town Board Minutes
Planning Board Agendas
Planning Board Minutes
Zoning Board Agendas
Zoning Board Minutes
Agricultural Advisory Minutes
Farmland Protection Plan Advisory Committee
Recreation Commission Minutes
Conservation Board Minutes
Historical Preservation Minutes
Comprehensive Plan Update
Meetings / Agendas / Minutes
Public Announcements
New Development
Site Design Critera / Application/Forms
Comprehensive & Recreation Master  Plan
Planning Board
Zoning Board
Contact us
 Planning /Building/ Zoning Dept.
Recreation Programs
Events Calendar
Photo Gallery
Summer Recreation
Farmington Parks Calendars
Contact Information
Recreation Department
Frequently Used Forms & Schedules
MS4 Storm Water Managment Info.
Contact us
Applications & Regulations
Annual Water Quality Report
Water & Sewer Rates
Sewer Treatment Plant
Contact Us
Water & Sewer
Making A Payment?
Park Reservations
Links & Forms
Contact us
Town Clerk
Frequently Used Forms & Instructions
Contact us
Contact Us
Auburn Trail Study
Important links
Contact us
Town Court
Historic Preservation Commission
Historical Society
Services, Other Boards ETC;

Farmington Mailing Lists:
Select Office you would like to receive information from.

* indicates a required field


The Basic STAR is available for owner-occupied, primary residences with all owners income under $500,000

The Enhanced STAR exemption is available for the primary residences where at least one owner is 65 years old and the yearly household income does not exceed the statewide standard.  For example, for 2014 your total household income (adjusted gross income minus taxable IRA distributions) on your 2012 tax return cannot exceed $81,900.  


Due to being income sensitive, the enhanced STAR will need to reapplied for every year.



Complete this form if you authorize the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance to verify your income eligibility each year instead of submitting the traditional Enhanced STAR renewal application to the Assessor. 


This exemption is available only for residential property of veterans who served during wartime or received an expeditionary medal.  A copy of your DD-214 will need to be provided with the application.  For instructions on completing the application, see the next link.  


In order to qualify for the senior citizen exemption, the current maximum income level for the year preceeding the application must be $19,200 for county purposes, $22,000 for town purposes (however the town does deduct unreimbursed medical expenses) and the maximum income level varies by school district.  Please contact the Assessors office to receive more detailed information regarding this exemption.


This form is used to initially receive an agricultural assessment on your land.  The land must consist of seven or more acres that were used for the preceding two years for the production for sale of crops, livestock or livestock products.  The annual gross sales of agricultural products generally must average $10,000 or more for the proceeding two years.  Land that supports a commercial horse boarding operation may qualify for an agricultural assessment if at least seven acres of land supports the operation, boards at least ten horses, the operation receives $10,000 or more in gross receipts for the preceeding two years and other factors.  Contact the Assessors office if you believe that you may qualify for an agricultural assessment.  The agricultural assessment must be renewed every year. 


If a property owner rents the land to another party who satisfies the income/eligibility requirements, the land may qualify for an agricultural assessment.  This five year lease form needs to be completed.  No Notary Public signature is required.  


Complete this renewal application yearly if your property continues to be eligible for an agricultural assessment. Instructions are included on this link.


The Cold War Veterans exemption is available for real property owned by persons who rendered military service to the United States during the Cold War (defined as September 2, 1945 to December 26, 1991).  This exemption is not available to property owners who are currently receiving either the Alternative Veterans Exemption or the Eligible Funds Veterans Exemption. In addition to the application, a copy of your discharge papers (DD 214) will need to be submitted to the Assessor.

Application for Grievance. The Board of Assessment Review meets on the fourth Tuesday in May every year. 

Instructions for completing the Grievance Application

"The Town of Farmington is not a part of, or endorsed by, the Department of Defense."

CR 8 at CR 41/Shortsville Road Intersection Improvement Project

For more information go to the Ontario County web site

On this page are the most frequently used instructions and exemption applications.  Feel free to click on the desired form, print it off and return it to the assessors office.  As a reminder, exemption applications are due by March 1st per NYS Real Property Tax Law.  If you have any questions, let us know.


Town of Farmington
1000 County Road #8
Farmington, NY 14425


Highway & Parks Department
985 Hook Road

Farmington, NY 14425


Water & Sewer Department
1216 McMahon Road
Victor, NY 14564